The Human Canvas collectors edition book is an elevated work from artist Art Wolfe. The beauty of nature’s creation of the human form together with an artist’s expression of graphic elements drawn from 30 years of photographing nature and cultures throughout the world.
Printed in a limited edition of 750 copies, each book is signed and numbered by the artist and presented in a custom silk-wrapped clamshell.
Ed Marquand, Owner and Creative Director of Marquand Books, Seattle, Washington.
Listen to the publisher of Human Canvas describe the significance of this body of work from Art Wolfe. It is an energized expression in both its beauty and cultural impact. One aspect of this project was to return to Ethiopia and to reconnect with people that inspired him and show his previous work to younger generations. Art Wolfe can’t help but share the amazing things he finds. Art’s intense curiosity and fearlessness drive this project.
- Extent: 104 pages + endsheets + hardcover case + head- and tail-bands + slipcase
- Trim size: 15″ wide by 13″ high, landscape format
- Interior printing: Prints 5/5 color (sepiana) + varnish
- Paper: 200gsm OJI Prince matte art
- Hardcover case: Silk wrapped, stamping on front and spine
- Endsheets: 120gsm uncoated specialty
- Slipcase: Clamshell, silk wrapped, stamping on front and spine
- Images: 86 color images
- All copies individually boxed